Saturday, November 26, 2011

11-11-11

11-11-11 was the day Randy's cousin, Jason and his beautiful wife Danielle decided to get married.  That meant that we got to take 2 days off of work and travel to beautiful Alabama to experience the wedding.  First of all, I love weddings anyway.  We don't get to go to many anymore, because most of our friends are married.  Since this was a family wedding, we brought the kids.  Not my choice of how to have fun at a wedding, but the Farris family would have killed us, if we hadn't brought them.  Randy's Aunt Becky hadn't seen Riley since he was 4 months old and of course never seen Alex.  But it also game me an excuse to buy them some pretty new clothes.
The wedding took place at Lake Guntersville State Park.  It was an outdoor wedding, which of course turned out to be really cold.  But the skies were blue, sun shining, and seemed to warm up during the ceremony.  I can't say as much for during all the picture taking.   But what a breathtaking background.
I have seen alot of pictures of fall follage, but I have never truly experienced fall in the east.  It was beautiful.  Now if I can just figure out a way to get time off from teaching and see this every year. Although that mountain of schoolwork when I got back, reminded me why I don't!
A couple of handsome Farris men waiting for the wedding to begin....
Then some beautiful Farris women to round out the pictures.
We truly had so much fun, just hanging out as one big family.
More Farris men...This is my father in law Richard with all his brothers.  I felt it was really important to take some of these pictures along with the photographer.  The Farris family doesn't really get into all the pictures.  But I have watched my own family get smaller and smaller each year and feel the need to document some fun times together as well as that family heritage.  I think the last time I saw all these men together was our wedding 7 years ago.

Then the goofy next generation.  This picture just makes me crack up.

The parent's generation

The stunning bride & groom

The Farris Family


Then while we were waiting for the reception to begin and pictures to end, we wandered around to the empty reception room.  Of course my kids had to take advantage of the empty dance floor.

While it was a super fun day for all the adults, my kids got really tired.  With the wedding at 2 & a big breakfast, we didn't really eat lunch so they were starving by the time we got to dinner at the reception.  Plus no time for a nap for Alex and I was setting my self up for a disaster.  I thought she would be fine once the music started, because she LOVES to dance.  But I guess she was just too tired.  She whined practically the whole reception.

 Don't get me wrong we all still had lots of fun and the kids did enjoy themselves. Just not as much fun as I expected them to have.  The last wedding we went to they had a blast dancing on the dance floor.

  Randy and I took turns ignoring her and were determined to have fun anyway. We still did alot of dancing and we tried to ply her with sugar (wedding cake & cheesecake), but eventually we just had to give in and go to bed when both of them were begging to go to sleep. 

1 comment:

ChelseaSalomone said...

That is a great family picture- LOVE your dress!! Looks like a fun time.