Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 2 Hollywood Studios

Day 2 was another bright and early morning at Disney.  On Tuesday we headed to Hollywood Studios.  We didn't quite make the opening time, but were only about 30 minutes late.  As we rushed in I headed to Toy Story Mania to get fast passes and Mom & Dad took the kids to check out the other lines.  They decided to catch the Beauty and the Beast show while there were still seats.  Day 2 was when we realized that this whole trip was going to be super crowded.  First off I had to wait in line 20 minutes just to get my fast pass!  On top of that my fast pass wasn't up until 5:20 in the evening. Then as I dashed across the park to meet the rest of the family, I was totally dodging traffic.  I couldn't move that fast even as a single person in a park full of families.  I think my parents grabbed some of the last seats for the Beauty & the Beast show, but I'm really glad they did because we really needed to get Alex started off on the right foot. 

Here is our obligatory family photo at the entrance.  Still not a great picture of Alex.  In hindsight, I should have given up on taking pictures so early in the day. 
But I did find a smile while waiting in line.  Nevermind that she laughing because she kept hitting me in the face.
 Riley and Nana all set to ride the Backlots Tour.
After the backlots tour we had to pose with the Monsters Inc. gang.  This park actually did not have many characters that the kids wanted to pose with.  But that just makes the day a little shorter.

Riley's favorite show was still the car stunt show. Seen it several times, but we all really enjoyed it.
 Then we checked out Riley's favorite characters.  Lightning & Mater will always be among his favorites.

 One more try at a family shot, but Alex still not posing.  Not even with Lightning!
For our final entertainment of the day, Riley & Dad found this squirrel.  The squirrel was literally stealing fries and chicken nuggets out of the bottom of a stroller. 
 It even let Riley actually feed it a fry.  That is pretty hungry.
 Finally we made it to the time for Toy Story Mania ride.  It was totally worth the wait.  I LOVE that ride.  It was loads of fun wearing our 3D glasses and shooting at the targets in the game.  Plus this is the only good shot of Alex's 2nd day outfit.

No comments: