Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Church Family PIctures

It has been 4 years since we had our last church family picture.  Alex was not even born yet.  So when our church started advertising that they were doing a new directory, I have to admit that I got a little excited.  I LOVE pictures & I can never get Randy to take part in them.  The funny thing is 4 years ago when we had our last church family picture, we had Farris Family pictures taken about a month later.  Now here we are finally taking another family picture & we have pictures scheduled in about a month with my parents.  There is no such thing as too many pictures, especially when you look at how stereotypical these family pictures are.  Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with this picture, it just doesn't really compete with the outside more relaxed poses. 
Sadly though we still spent a fortune on these pictures.  Part of the problem was we both just ordered and didn't talk over what we really needed & why.  But what is done is done...until we got the pictures in the mail last night.
Randy got home first & found the pictures stuffed, bent, & ruined in the mailbox.  Get this, the envelope actually stated that if too big for the mailbox, then to roll them and place in the mailbox.  That would have been great if everything we ordered had been printed on just photo paper.  Instead we ordered a 10X13 on premium canvas.  That was the one picture that was ruined.  It is bent & the photo just crinkled on the canvas.  This photo was never meant to be rolled anywhere. 
So now I get to call Lifetouch back and fnd out if they will reprint it or if I have to go to the Post Office and deal with them.  In my opinion, (as a former postmaster's child) you can not blame the mailman for the company's lack of care in shipping.  Goodness knows it costs us enough to have them shipped.  For now though I am going to enjoy my new pictures of my beautiful family.

No comments: