Saturday, December 25, 2010

Santa Pictures

After our first attempt at Christmas pictures, I wasn't sure how Santa pictures would go.  Of course, I had to try....well no grumpy children, but still no smile from Alex.  We made progress because this time Alex was not screaming or crying on Santa's lap.  In fact, she was trying extra hard to frown.  You can almost see the hint of the smile coming on.   She is such a little stinker.  As soon as I agreed with the photographer that we were done, she smiled.  But I couldn't get my camera ready fast enough.
 She even agreed to give Santa a big hug, but no smiles!  She is such a mess.  I know she was doing it more on purpose than on fear factor!  I still think this picture looks so sweet.
 After Santa pictures, I had the brainless idea to walk down to Picture People & see how long was the wait.  After waiting 10 minutes for someone to help me, they told me that they could not get the kids in for another 45 minutes.   I knew I would lose the happy moods in 45 minutes, so I told them, No thank you.  Then I decided to do the next best thing and just take my own pictures right there in the middle of the mall.  Both kids were being silly and chasing each other around and around the circular bench, but I did get this really cute one.  Can you believe it all 4 dimples are showing in this picture?  I think this is the first time ever I have gotten both kids to smile big enough to show all their dimples.  This is my eternal mission for pictures.  I call it the perfect picture and am just sure that one of these days, it will happen.  This was pretty darn close to the perfect picture, just need them looking directly at the camera....I know picky, picky!
 Then I got a close up of my sweet boy with his chapped lips and all!
 I think Alex was trying out her modeling poses!  But at least it shows off her entire Christmas outfit, which is vitally important for a little girl!

No comments: