Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Pictures Attempt #1

Two weeks ago, I asked my teaching partner, friend, and photographer friend, Melissa Chase to take some Christmas pictures for me of the kids.  We both had our student teachers teaching, so we planned to leave right at 3:30.  Everything was going as planned until we picked Alex & Lauren up at Tracey's.  That was when Tracey shockingly told me that Alex did not take a nap today.  I don't know if Alex has EVER not taken a nap at Tracey's.  Sure she does that sometimes at home, especially when we are running errands, but not for Tracey.  That should have been my first clue, but oh no I was determined.  Well of course my kids did not want to cooperate.  But she still got some cute shots.  Here they are unedited and not her professional quality work.  I knew she didn't have time to do anything with them, I had already watched her stressing over editing for 2 weeks straight. 
                                     No smile, but it does show how much she loves her bubba.
Such a good Aggie pose, I didn't even ask him to do this!
Alex's usual pose, when she is determined to not give me her big smile!

What fun would pictures in the park be without a few in the leaves?



This was about all we could get before her daughter & my children decided they were done!  As soon as we left, I promised Riley that we would stop at QT for a slushie since his throat was hurting.  Each child got their own slurpy.  Alex finished hers in about 5 minutes & then was out, sound asleep for the rest of the night.  She didn't even wake up when I put her pj's on and tucked her into bed.  I guess in hindsight we got some GREAT pictures, considering how tired she was. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I PROMISE I'll get some better pictures next time! Thanks for understanding my busy schedule! :)