Wednesday, October 27, 2010

BES in the Homecoming Parade

Last week was a super busy week for Bluebonnet Elementary.  We started the week off by participating in the Fossil Ridge Homecoming Parade.  As a teacher, I have never done this, but Riley thought it would be fun.  This year the theme was "Once Upon a Time".  So we told all our students (all 10 of them) to dress as a princess or prince charming.  I really wasn't sure what I was going to have Riley wear.  Alex has lots of princess dresses, but boys don't really have Prince Charming outfits. 
Then while borrowing a sit-n-stand stroller from my friend Jenn, the perfect costume appeared.  Jenn & I were standing there just talking and the subject of Halloween costumes came up.  I mentioned that I didn't know what Riley was going to wear to school, because he wants to be a transformer and you can't wear a mask to school.  She suggested I borrow this knight costume.  I LOVED the idea!  Plus every prince charming is actually a knight in shining armor, right?
 My knight in shining armor!
Then my little knight with his princess!

 Our BES "Prince Charming" and "Princess"
The group standing around and waiting.  They told us to be there at 4:30.  So we rushed over while snacking on Sonic Cheese Sticks & a coke.  I knew it would be a while till dinner, so I wanted to get the kids a snack.  I should have brought the snack to our waiting place.  Because we waited for an hour and a half for the parade to begin.  Poor Alex was so done, before we got started.
 One of my awesome teammates painted these signs!  I loved it.  The car was Carol's corvette that she & her husband drove in the parade.  With the exception of listening to the princess music (they are parents of 3 boys!), I think they loved it and the car was a beauty!
Once the parade started, Alex was all smiles.  She had so much fun & so did Riley.  The only bad thing was I had to carry Alex most of the way.  The procession just moved too fast for her to keep up with it. She tried a couple of times, but her legs are just not that long.  I was exhausted by the time we finished, but the kids were so excited.  Luckily Nana & Gampa had come to watch, so I called them and had them meet us at Fossil Ridge HS, so that we did not have to walk back to Chisolm Trail. 

No comments: