Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

A couple of weekends ago, we braved the Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch on a Saturday.  Every year around this time, I am reminded of how much I enjoyed being off on maternity leave part of September & all of October.  Alex got taken to many places early on, because Riley & I could enjoy them without the crowds on a weekday.  Oh well, that is the life of a working mom!  The pumpkin patch was crowded as usual and Alex was determined not to smile for any pictures.  At least I can always count on a few good smiles from Riley.  As we pulled into the patch parking lot, Riley immediately requested that we get their faces painted first.  I agreed since this usually makes for some really cute pictures.  Besides that they don't charge for these, just tips.  I can afford that!  I let each child pick out their picture.  Riley wanted the mummy.

 Alex wanted the pumpkin.  She really was happy about it.  Although this picture reminds me of those pictures of the poor kids in Africa who are asking you to send money. Just look at those eyes.
 Then this is another must each year at the pumpkin patch.

I tried hard to get lots of poses with some smiles, but never for the camera.  In general, Alex just wanted a nap!

 Finally I gave up on pictures and we headed over to the many bounce houses.  Look I found a SMILE!  Too bad, it was behind the bounce house screen!
 Riley loved the bounce house slide, although he insisted on going down sideways or end over end.
Too bad the smiles didn't last once I made everyone get out of the bounce houses, but they still had lots of fun!  Oh and slept well on the way home!

No comments: