Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Day I Thought Would Never Happen

This weekend, an event happened in our lives that I truly thought would never happen. Randy sold his custom painted motorcycle!!!!!!!!!! Randy first bought a motorcycle secretly while in college. His Dad was ready to kill him when he found out. So when I met him, the bike was already there. I never felt real comfortable on the bike, but in the early days I rode it with him because it made him happy. In fact our very first vacation we went on together involved the motorcycle. We had made plans to drive to Laguna Seca Speedway to see a motorcycle race in California. Then about 3 weeks before the trip Randy totaled his first motorcycle. He was so lucky. Minimal damage to his arms and jacket, but the first bike was totaled. Well of course since the trip was already planned he had to buy another bike and quick. So here was his 2nd bike. We had matching jackets and helmets that matched the bike. Anyway our trip was with another couple and their bike. We all rode in the truck and trailered the bikes. We stopped along the way to sight see and of course ride the bikes. We even took the bikes up to Hoover Dam. I will never forget that. It was blistering hot. I couldn't touch the motorcycle without burning my hands and we had to ride with our jackets on. We always rode with our jackets because we knew if we ever went down, it sure would save lots of skin (as we learned after Randy wrecked the first bike.) I didn't actually make it all the way to California with them. I flew out in Vegas to meet up with my family for a family cruise.
Anyway the bike has always been there. In fact Randy promised me from the very beginning that if I ever asked him to choose, he would choose the bike. As time has it, our lives changed and we had children. I only rode the bike once or twice after we had Riley. I just didn't feel that it was worth it. I knew if we ever went down, I couldn't leave my son without both parents. Needless to say, Randy has ridden the bike less and less over time.Eventually Randy's passion has changed. He know has his 1988 Bronco that he is turning into a paintball tank. I have put him on a budget on the Bronco. So he did the one thing he could do to bring in more money. He sold his beloved bike. HALLALUIA!

I had to take a picture with Randy & Alex, because she is probably the real reason he finally sold his bike. Oh the power of Daddy's little girl!


Loading up the bike to go home with the new owner. Sad day. Randy just keeps commenting on how empty his garage is. Now let's just hope that he doesn't feel the need to fill up the garage with something else!

New owner- just a kid to us. But Randy couldn't resist selling because he brought his Dad!


Then I just had to add this picture. Those are some awfully big and DIRTY shoes to fill Alex!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lose the hair-lip Randy.

-Rachel

ChristyA said...

what a huge step for the Farris Family! I bet you feel better now! I would!