Friday, May 15, 2009

Update on Alex

OK, sorry to just now be posting an update on my baby girl. But I was gone to camp from Monday- Wednesday. Which by the way was tons of fun!

Anyway so Mom & Dad took Alex to the doctor on Monday for a follow-up. Alex now weighs 15 lbs 11 oz. She is getting so big! Dr. Leffel said that everything looks wonderful. She said the hole was just a tiny white spot and that everything was healing wonderfully! :) So we returned her to baby food and she is doing wonderfully.

She has also become quite mobile this week! When I left she could crawl for short distances, now she is taking off anywhere & everywhere. I first experienced this when I came home. I sat her down on her play mat and walked to the bathroom. While in there I noticed a shadow. I thought it was Riley, so I called to him to come here. But no answer. So I finished up and walked out of the bathroom. There was my little girl sitting there sweetly chewing on a CD case. I couldn't believe how fast she had gotten across the room.

She has also started pulling up, or more like pushing up, on everything. Sunday night she discovered how to pull up on my mom's crib. She then proceeded to pull up repeatedly just to show off her new skill. She is mostly pushing herself up on things like a step stool, but getting better and stronger at pulling herself up. Unfortunately what comes up, must come down. She is still having trouble with this part. She pulled herself up on the bar stool legs but then fussed because she couldn't figure out how to get down. Let's just hope that we survive, with as few bruises as possible.

1 comment:

ChristyA said...

she is going to be a dare devil! You would think she would have learned her lesson about putting things in her mouth!!! I am glad she is doing better. that had to have been so scary!