Monday, October 10, 2011

A new unplanned, unwanted haircut!


Friday night took a turn for the worse.  I rushed home from school on Friday to load the rv and head to TRF (Texas Rennaisance Festival).  It was opening weekend and Randy and I had decided to take the kids with us this year.  So I rushed home from parent conferences and started throwing our clothes in the trailer.  Randy quickly stopped me.  Apparantly 4 months of no use = a nonfiring generator.  Randy was fighting and fighting with it.  About 6:30 Riley headed inside to watch tv, being quite bored with the whole process.  A litle while later, Alex followed Riley inside. I figured she was inside watching tv with Riley.  I figured wrong!  About 6:45 Alex comes outside looking like this...
In case you can't tell, she chopped about 3 inches off her hair on the right side.  I quickly called my hair dresser, but of course she had taken the afternoon off.  Racing inside, I found all her hair neatly in the trash can.  Alex had decided to play hair salon! So off we went to Great Clips to see how much damage she had done.

 It was determined that all of her length had to come off.  So she cut off her ponytail.  This is the point that I started to softly cry.  It took her 3 years of her precious life to grow that hair out, and now it is gone with one final cut.
Well here is the final look.  Cute, yes, but not the look I wanted for her at all.  What about all those cute bows?  What about that brand new soccer bow attached to a rubber band that I just bought 2 weeks ago?

Well I guess I will just have to buy some headbands and get used to the short hair.  She was supposed to be Rapunzel for Halloween, but now Riley & I have decided that she is Rapunzel at the end of the movie after she cuts off her hair and it turns brown.

No comments: