Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cars 2!!! & a Birthday Party

Cars 2, oh and a birthday party.  That was about the way it really was.  Way back in December, while my student teacher was teaching, I was working hard on my computer and just happened to find out that Cars 2 was coming out the weekend of Riley's birthday.  I knew right then what we were doing for his party.  The only problem was the first couple of places I tried were crazy expensive!  So Riley & I started looking into other options, but just nothing else was going to do.  Finally I checked into Southlake Harkins.  This theatre was in my price range.  Although I do have to say that my type A personality did NOT like sending out bday invitations without a movie time on them, but I couldn't be sure of the time until the Tuesday before the party!!  Grr!  Anyway everything went off without a hitch.  We saw the first movie of the day on Saturday in the Cinema Capri (600 person theatre) with about 550 other people who were totally excited to see Cars 2. It was really funny when getting the tickets, I had to ask if they wanted parent tickets and in most cases both parents came.  Part of that is because most were our friends, but also a big part was because both parents wanted to see the movie. 
 The kids had popcorn, a drink, and a piece of candy and were scattered throughout 6 rows.  They were so excited and really good.  Plus I had no clean up. :)  After the movie we walked over to the patio area by Brio, ate Cars cupcakes, and opened presents.  We had not originally planned to open presents, but several of the kids were dying to see Riley open his presents.  The theme of the presents, you guessed it Cars!  He got Cars Legos, remote control Cars, cars with sounds, Cars book, Cars tshirt, with a few non cars toys like a cool plane that he had been wanting too! What a haul!
 After the fun friends part, we headed back to my mom & dad's to hang out with family.  My grandfather has been dying to have a fish fry with all of us, so we cooked tons & tons of fish, ate more cake, and opened more Cars presents.  This year his main want was Legos.  So he got lots of Cars legos and Star Wars legos.  He & Daddy spent all day Sunday putting them all together!
 His big present this year was from us and my parents.  We got him an XBOX 360 and Kinnect.  Again he & Daddy have had loads of fun, well at least until the TV went out 2 days ago.  But that is a whole other story....
 Here is the Cars cake for the family.  I didn't get any pictures of the cupcakes though.  On Friday evening when I went to Kroger to pick everything up it was a site.  I have 2 kids with me and a cartfull of cake.  We had 18 cupcakes (for the friends), the sheet cake for the family, and a smaller sheet cake for my grandfather to celebrate his 75th birthday.  In fact I even passed an old friend from college while in the store, and he looked in my cart and said, "THAT is a LOT of cake!"  I know, right!
 Ahh!  2  birthday boys!
Both parties were a big success and lots of fun!  He shouldn't be asking for toys for a while...except that Tuesday on his actual birthday, he wanted to know if he got any more presents!  KIDS!!


No comments: