Monday, June 27, 2011

7 years ago...I do!

It all started with this...the perfect storybook proposal...set in a beautiful Renaissance wedding chapel with tons of our Renaissance friends secretly in the back to share in the moment.
8 months later, here was the happy couple.  June 26, 2004 All my dreams of my princess wedding came true.  Even looking back now, I wouldn't change a thing about it.
Now here we are 7 years later.
A little older, few more pounds, 2 beautiful children, a house with one acre of land, still working at the same school and same construction company.  If you had asked us 7 years ago, where we thought we would be today, I'm pretty sure my answer would have been pretty close to right where we I am.  Considering I am someone that doesn't accept change too easily, that makes me happy. 
    Don't get me wrong, there are still days I want to kill my husband, who doesn't.  But then there are also days when he can be the best!  That was pretty much my answer 7 years ago to why I was marrying, Randy.  He made me madder than anyone in the world, and made me love him more than anyone in the world. 
   Take last night for example.  I arranged for my parents to keep the kids overnight.  My plan was dinner at PF Chang's (my favorite) and a movie.  His plan was Winstar.  I had never been, so I went along with his plan.  Now fast forward to 5:00.  I start getting ready and now he doesn't want to go and I waited too late in the day.  We went and spent all of dinner (Toby Keith's restaurant) still mad at each other.  Finally after a little gambling, losing on Randy's part and winning on mine, he got over it and I remembered why I loved him so much.
   I guess some things never change, he still makes me soooo mad, and still makes me love him so fiercely!   But then again, I said I don't like change....

Happy Anniversary Honey!

No comments: