Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Final soccer game of season

Saturday was Riley's final soccer game of the season.  I can't believe how fast the season has flown by.  I think part of it was this was the first season with no rainouts.  But I just can't believe it is already over.  Riley has gotten back to the point, that I truly enjoy watching every minute of his game.  His intensity is back and he is aggressive again.  He just made so many improvements this season.  He has so much better understanding of the positions and when to come up for defense or when to stay back. 
At first I complained alot about this coach because he wasn't much for extra reminder emails or just much for talking to the parents at all.  On top of all that he scheduled practices on Friday nights at 6:30.  Who does that?  Well I complained alot at first, but then I quickly realized that it wasn't that bad because I didn't have to rush home on a school night to get him ready for the next day.  Plus whatever they practiced the night before, I often saw them trying it out in the game the very next day.  Coach Luna did a great job of really pushing their soccer skills to the next level.  This adds to the reason that I am sad to see the season end.  I would really like to play another season with the exact players.  They all have something to offer and something to teach each other. 
 The YMCA also changed up their trophies this season.  It was kind of funny listening to the kids talk about how they wanted a trophy.  LOL!  Luckily my child was just happy with whatever he got!

No comments: