Tuesday, January 11, 2011

House Redo!

It all started with a gift.  We were going to get a new entertainment center.  Somehow it turned into a week long project.... The new entertainment center was given on Saturday.  Sunday we went shopping and found the perfect one.  Then the brainstorming started. The first decision made was if we were going to do all this, then ALL the Christmas decorations had to come down that night!!!  So at 4 pm the 4 of us started taking down the Christmas tree.  Everyone was lots of help until we finished the tree.  Then I was on my own.  By 11pm that night every Christmas decoration was down and in boxes!  Wow, was I tired!  I have never done that before, but it was kind of nice.
 Monday morning we purchased the entertainment center & scheduled delivery for Thursday morning.  Here are some before pictures of the house.  The rest of Monday was spent exchanging presents for the right size or returning that petite shirt that my husband thinks I should be able to wear.  He just doens't understand that 5'9" is NOT petite!  But at least he tried.  Then I started making phone calls to schedule a few other things while I was off work.  Carpet cleaning on Wednesday...Directv on Friday.
 Tuesday was furntiture moving day & painting day. First we moved every piece of furniture into the garage, except the beds,dressers, kitchen table, and other tv.  Mom & dad took the kids home with them and we got to work.  I taped while he painted.  The sad thing was I was only about one wall ahead of him the whole time.  I HATE TAPING!!!  Originally we were just going to paint one accent wall.  That turned into let's paint the whole living room, and then continue with the attached breakfast area & kitchen. 
Here is my garage with all toys & furniture!  But a perfect time to do some serious cleaning out.  In fact I still have not moved all the toys back into the house.  Mostly only NEW Christmas toys have made it into the house. We could seriously do just fine with not moving anything else inside! 

 Painting continued into most of Wednesday. Wednesday morning we had all our carpets cleaned, and Randy painted the kitchen.  I took a break to spend time with family, but Randy kept painting between lunch & dinner with family.  It is a good thing my parents live so close!  We thought we were done Wednesday night.  But as we studied closer, Randy realized that his second coat of paint in the kitchen, was actually flat instead of SATIN!  Grr!  Back to Home Depot....
    Thank goodness Randy was able to take most of the week off from work, or we never would have finished.  Thursday they delivered the Entertainment center.  Now it was time for to reset up the tv, stereo, and dvd player.  But that 29" picture tube tv just would not do!
    Friday morning Directv came out and installed a HD DVR for our soon to be new tv.  Randy had to get some work done, so he wasn't there.  The installer scratched our brand new, less than 24 hours old, entertainment center.  Good thing we bought the scratch protection plan!
    Saturday we thought about things and debated on how to decorate.  Then Sunday was time to shop for a new TV.
Sadie wasn't sure where to hide with no furniture, so she climbed in the empty doll case!

 Our NEW wall!

My pretty red pepper wall.  Now I just have to figure out how I want to decorate my baker's rack.  Alot of my old stuff had hints of maroon in it and look horrible against the red paint.
Then finally the same red as an accent wall in my kitchen.  At the end of our week long project, I have to say that I love all the work we did.  The funny thing is it didn't seem like a whole lot of work.  I think I just enjoyed spending so much time with Randy.  It is not often that we get to spend almost a whole week together working simultaneously on a project and agreeing on almost everything.  I definitely headed back to work with a clean house, and loving feeling in my heart. 

No comments: