Friday, August 6, 2010

Riley's First Freebirds

This week has been another reminder that Riley is growing up.
       For starters, we went to Freebird's for lunch, per Riley's request, and he ordered his first full Hybird, not a kid's meal. Now for those of you unaware of Freebird's, it is a extra large burrito place that started in Aggieland.  It is quite a tradition for most Aggies.  I have to admit that I usually frequented one of the 5 Freebirds in College Station every Thursday night, while I was in college.  So as a good Aggie, I feel it is my duty to introduce my children to Freebirds and how to eat them.  Up until now though, I have ordered them a kid's meal, which consists of a quesadilla and chips.  But on this particular visit, Riley informed me that he was a big boy and did not want a baby meal!  He wanted to order exactly what I order!  I wasn't sure he was ready for a full Freebird, so I ordered him a Hybird, which is a slightly smaller version.
Luckily, I cut some off for Alex out of my burrito because Riley was not kidding.  He was a hungry boy.  He ate all but the very bottom of it.  Then just as we were finishing up, the manager walked over to ask us how everything was.  We proudly told him how Riley had just eaten his first full burrito.  He asked if Riley was still hungry, and rewarded him with a cookie!
But we made him share it with Alex!

No comments: