Friday, August 6, 2010

Riley is growing up!

      To continue Riley's growing up on me, yesterday I verified his residency for Kindergarten.  This was the last step in making sure that he is ready to start Kindergarten.  I still can't believe I am going to be a parent of a kindergartener.
    Then today, I took him to the dr for his 5 year check-up.  Riley's checkups are always so easy.  He is a good eater, usually well behaved, and is growing like a weed.  In fact we spent part of our time, discussing Alex and her skin issues.  Not to anybody's surprise, Riley is 47 1/4 inches tall, which is off the charts on his height.  He also weighs 50 lbs, which is 90-95% in weight.  In fact Randy has been teasing me that both kids are a little thick right now.  I know this means they are both about to have huge growth spurts and I will have to go shopping!  I just wish that they would grow before tax free weekend so I could shop the big sales!
    Lastly, Riley got his first bat this week.  My dad has been itching to get Riley into baseball since he was born.  We have held off starting t-ball because we don't really think he can tolerate the slowness of the sport.  He gets bored and distracted when he doesn't have enough competition in soccer!  But this week my dad decided it was time to buy him a real bat anyway.  Riley is doing pretty well learning to hit from a coach pitch setting instead of using a t. 
   The bat fits in well with what has become a nightly routine. Alex has decided that every night we should go outside and swing on the swingset.
  So now we go outside, hit a few balls, and swing on the swingset.  I'm just glad that one of my children has decided to get a good use out of the swingset.  We bought it for Riley's 2nd birthday and he has never been that intereseted in playing on it.  Riley is more of the type to be riding bikes or playing on his motorized truck.  Alex on the other hand LOVES to go out and swing every night.  The great thing is that our family spends 15-30 minutes together every night just playing.
Ahh!  I love summer nights!

1 comment:

ChelseaSalomone said...

He is going to do GREAT in kinder! Yes you are probably right- from everything you've told me we really probably would like your church but the whole point was for us to find something in this area. I seriously don't know what we're going to do. I am burned out though and I think we just need to reevaluate and figure out where to go from here. If we decide to keep visiting or expand past this area I will let you know for sure.