Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Temper, Temper

OK it is 2:15 in the morning and I am listening to Alex throw the biggest temper tantrum. I made the mistake last week of giving her a bottle in the middle of the night. So of course, now I am having to fix the waking up in the middle of the night again. Here's the scenario: She woke up at 1:00. I went in and changed her diaper. Then I turned her back over and told her "no bottle". She looked up at me and immediately started SCREAMING! I picked her up and tried to rock her. She continued screaming. I then told her that I was not giving in to her temper tantrum and walked out of the room. This process has been going on for 1 hour and 15 minutes and doesn't seem to be slowing. The biggest thing I can tell is by her cry. She is really pissed off at me. But I know if I give in now, then I ruin everything that I have worked the last hour for. The only problem is I DO have to go to work. How am I ever going to get any sleep? Did I mention that I have to get up in 3 hours??????

1 comment:

ChristyA said...

way to be strong!! They know how to push a mommy's buttons! She is going to be a strong-willed little fire cracker when she gets older!!!