Monday, April 27, 2009

Busy Soccer Saturday

Saturday was an especially long "soccer Saturday." We started the cold morning with a 9am soccer game. That game went really well. Riley still has not scored a goal. He is so close. I just knew it was going to happen Saturday, but unfortunately the ball always went wide of the goal. But the main thing is he is learning so much. I am so proud of how far he has come in this short season. Riley is such a hustler. He is always right there involved in the action. After the first game we had a break. We went home, did some laundry, and played for a little bit. Then it was time to grab lunch and head back to the fields for pictures. Oh, and did I mention that Randy was out of town for all of this!! Pictures with a group of 3 & 4 year olds is always such an "interesting" adventure. Riley will either have a serious look or a cheesy smile in his individual picture or the team picture. I just had to stand back and laugh during the team picture. We had tears, yes I said tears, and runaways during the team picture. But luckily none of them involved my sweet boy! What can I say, my son knows about taking pictures!
Immediately following pictures, we had our second game. This game was a fiasco. You could tell that our team all needed a nap. They spent most of the game on the ground and truly had no idea what was going on. It was kind of sad. Absolutely no hustle left, even from my "wild thing."
Here is the first example of the chaos. Notice the girl at the bottom, the ball was in the middle of the dog pile. I have no idea what she is kicking at. That just explains the game... But I think Alex is ready to join the team. After a whole day of activity, she wanted out of that stroller. She had so much fun playing with Riley's soccer ball.

Here is what Riley decided to do, while he wasn't in the game. He didn't want to watch the game, just be a baby!
More chaos. Riley was at least on the ball, but the little boy tackling him is his teammate.

No comments: